Why didn’t I receive a tax document?
You won’t receive a tax document if the proceeds from your dividends did not exceed $10 in the filing year, or if you didn’t sell stock.
What tax documents do you provide?
We provide a consolidated 1099 document generated by our clearing partner, Apex, which includes information found on the 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, and 1099-B.
How do I access my tax document?
You can access your consolidated 1099 tax form in your mobile app:
- Tap the Account icon in upper left corner of your home screen.
- Tap Account.
- Scroll down and tap Tax Documents.
Keep In Mind
If the proceeds from your dividends did not exceed $10 in 2017, or if you didn’t sell stock, you won’t receive a tax document. Your tax documents are only available electronically.
If you're having trouble opening your tax document, try:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Turning your phone on and off
If you're having trouble exporting your tax document:
- Open your tax document
- For iOS users:
- Tap Export at the top right corner.
- Tap the Mail app to email the PDF to yourself. (For Android users: Tap menu icon in the top right corner.)
- Tap Send File.
- Tap the icon for your email app. (Please choose the email app that was pre-programmed on your phone.)
We recommend that you download Google PDF Viewer for viewing documents downloaded from your Robinhood app.
You can also access your tax form on your Web app:
- Click Account in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Documents.
- Click on the tax form you'd like to download.
Can I get a K-1 form?
We don’t provide customers with K-1 forms. If you own shares in a limited partnership or trust, they would provide you with the K-1 form.
Why did I receive multiple tax documents?
If you received an updated or amended 1099 tax document from our clearing partner, Apex, please make sure that you’ve filed your taxes in accordance with this updated information.
This may require re-filing your taxes.