We can confirm–sometimes money does sleep, or at least take a day off. Our offices will be closed on the following U.S. market holidays in 2018. You won’t be able to trade equities or options on these days, but you can still trade cryptocurrencies 24/7.
We’ll be closed on the following U.S. market holidays in 2018:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (January 15)
- Washington's Birthday (February 19)
- Good Friday (March 30)
- Memorial Day (May 28)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (September 3)
- Thanksgiving Day (November 22)
- Christmas (December 25)
These days don’t count as stock or cash settlement days, and the markets will be closed. You can check out our guide to stock and cash settlement for more information.
Also, Robinhood will close at 1 PM EST (with extended-hours trading concluding at 3 PM EST) on the following U.S. market half-days in 2018:
- Day before Independence Day (July 3)
- Day following Thanksgiving (November 23)
- Christmas Eve (December 24)