What tax software does Robinhood support?
We’re excited to support Intuit TurboTax this tax season. You can use TurboTax Premier to import your 2017 trade history directly into their software. Please keep in mind, TurboTax is the only tax software we support at this time.
How do I import my trade history into TurboTax?
To import your Robinhood trade history:
- Login to your TurboTax account
- When prompted to “Choose your bank or brokerage,” type “Robinhood.”
- Enter your Robinhood account number and social security number
You can also begin filing directly from your app:
- Tap the “Account Menu” icon in the top left corner of the home screen
- Tap “Account”
- Scroll down and tap “Tax Documents”
- Tap “Claim Discount”
From there, you’ll be directed to the TurboTax landing page.
I executed a lot trades in 2017, can I still use TurboTax?
Yes, TurboTax supports Robinhood customers with extensive trading history. However, if you made 500 or more trades in 2017, you may experience difficulty uploading your tax forms directly into TurboTax. You can upload your transaction history by following their instructions.
How do I get my TurboTax discount?
Your TurboTax discount will be applied automatically if you access TurboTax from your Robinhood app.
To launch TurboTax:
- Tap the “Account” icon in the upper left corner
- Tap the “Account” tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap “Tax Documents”
- Tap “Claim Your Discount”
From here, you’ll be redirected to the TurboTax website, where your discount will be automatically applied.