Why didn’t I receive a tax document?
You will not receive a tax document if the proceeds from your dividends did not exceed $10 in 2017, or if you did not sell stock.
When will I receive my tax document?
Your tax documents will be made available in February of 2018.
What tax documents do you provide?
We provide a consolidated 1099 document generated by our clearing partner, Apex, which includes information found on the 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, and 1099-B.
How do I access my tax document?
Your 2017 consolidated 1099 tax form is available in your app. To access your 1099:
- Tap the “Account Menu” icon located in upper left corner of the home screen.
- Tap the “Account” tab.
- Scroll down and tap “Tax Documents.”
Please keep in mind, if the proceeds from your dividends did not exceed $10 in 2017, or if you did not sell stock, you will not receive a tax document. Your tax documents are only available electronically.
If you're having trouble opening your tax document, try:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
- Turning your phone on and off
If you're having trouble exporting the tax document:
- Open your tax document
- For iOS users:
- Tap “Export” at the top right corner.
- Tap the Mail app to email the PDF to yourself.
- For Android users:
- Tap menu icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Send File.”
- Tap the icon for your email app. (Please choose the email app that was pre-programmed on your phone.)
- We recommend that you download Google PDF Viewer for viewing documents downloaded from the Robinhood app.
You can also access your tax form on our Web platform:
- Click "Account" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Documents."
- Click on the tax form you'd like to download.
Can I get a K-1 form?
We don’t provide customers with K-1 forms. If you own shares in a limited partnership or trust, they would provide you with the K-1 form.
Why did I receive multiple tax documents?
If you received an updated or amended 1099 tax document from our clearing partner, Apex, please make sure that you’ve filed your taxes in accordance with this updated information.
Keep in mind, this may require re-filing your taxes.