Overview

How does it work?

Share your invite link with a friend and have them sign up! You and your friend will get a free stock when their application is approved.

How does Robinhood choose which stock my friend and I get?

The shares of free stock are chosen randomly from our inventory of settled shares. Because the shares are chosen randomly, you and your friend may not receive the same stock.

The value of the share may be anywhere between $2.50 and $200, and fluctuates based on market movements. We choose these companies every day based on their total value (market capitalization) and the price of each share.

It doesn’t say anything about getting free shares of stock in my app. How can I get started?

This promotion is only available to a select group of users. We’re hoping to make this available to everyone as soon as we can.

I invited my friends to Robinhood in the past. Can I get this reward now?

We appreciate that you invited your friends to Robinhood prior to this program. Unfortunately, we cannot credit you for past invites.

Can I open a second Robinhood account to get a free stock?

No, each person is only allowed one Robinhood account.

Terms & Conditions

Robinhood free stock bonus offer valid for existing qualifying clients who successfully refer a new Robinhood account. Bonuses will be credited only if the referred Robinhood account is approved and the bonus is claimed through the Robinhood platform. Limit one offer per qualified referral with a maximum of one account per referred client. Stock bonus will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week after the bonus is claimed.  Stock bonuses that are not claimed within 60 days may expire. Shares from stock bonuses cannot be sold until 2 trading days after the bonus is granted. The cash value of the stock bonus may not be withdrawn for 30 days after the bonus is claimed.

 Robinhood reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. The offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per customer. The stock bonus, when combined with the value received from all other offers in the last 12 months, may not exceed $500 per household. The offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with certain other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Robinhood or a Robinhood affiliate; members of their household; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Robinhood may decline requests to enroll in the offer at its discretion. Other restrictions may apply.

 The stock bonus is one share selected randomly, when the bonus criteria are met, from Robinhood’s inventory of settled shares held for this program. When shares are purchased into this inventory, Robinhood purchases shares from the three to four companies representing the highest market capitalization in various ranges of share prices between approximately $3 and $175.  There is an approximately 98% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $2.50-$10, an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $10-$50, and an approximately 1% chance of the stock bonus having a value of $50-$200, based on the price of shares at the time of purchase.  The Robinhood platform displays approximate odds of receiving shares from particular companies at the time the screen is generated.  These odds do not necessarily reflect the odds of receiving stock in those companies at the time the stock bonus is awarded.

 Neither receipt of a share of stock through this program nor identification of a particular security in communications related to this program constitutes a solicitation of the security or a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold the security. Robinhood does not provide investment advice and does not hereby recommend any security or transaction.

Consult with your tax advisor about the appropriate tax treatment for this offer and any tax implications associated with receipt of a stock bonus before enrolling. For taxable accounts, the value of all Robinhood offers received may be reported as Other Income on a Form 1099-MISC where required by applicable rules and regulations. Robinhood does not take responsibility for any tax related to this Stock bonus.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments

Can't find what you're looking for?
Our in-house support staff is here to help.
Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk